Galeries Lafayette offers its customers over the age of 16 and living outside of the European Union the opportunity of a VAT refund on purchases made at Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann, for a value of 12% (excluding any fees) on purchases of over €100.
How do you obtain a tax refund?
In accordance with Customs Regulations (article 262 of the French Customs Code and Memorandum CPAD 1813640C)
- You must be staying in Europe for less than 6 months.
- You must have your original passport with you (indicating an address outside the EU)
- You must process the tax refund by the end of the third consecutive day at the latest from the day of purchase using the original till receipts
- Purchases made in the Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann stores in one single day (excluding services and purchases made on galerieslafayette.com).
- Purchases must be made for personal use and be paid entirely by the person named on the tax refund slip.
4 ways to claim tax refunds* are proposed:
- Cash in store (currently unavailable)
- Bank card
- Deferred Alipay
- Cash at the airport
Follow the reimbursement of your tax refund
*See terms and conditions in store