As part of its tax refund service, Galeries Lafayette is required to collect some personal data about you. The data collected is required to both provide the service and to comply with legal regulations as well as to enable Galeries Lafayette to know you better, thereby improving and customising its services, to stay in contact with you and to send you special offers.
The data controller is:
The company Galeries Lafayette HAUSSMANN
27 Rue de la Chaussée d’Antin
In this capacity, Galeries Lafayette has implemented all appropriate material, electronic and management measures to protect your personal information and to prevent any unauthorised access to or divulging of this information.
The data collected is:
- identifying information (surname, forename, date of birth, address, passport number);
- contact information (email address and telephone number);
- purchase information (dates and places of purchase, details of the purchased products, amounts and payment method);
- information regarding the tax refund (bank card number, bank account or payment number, chosen method of repayment (cash, bank transfer, immediate or deferred repayment)).
This data enables Galeries Lafayette to:
- verify your eligibility for the sales export procedure;
- issue the sales export slip;
- follow the various formalities involved in validating this slip;
- perform the tax refund and, if necessary, request repayment of any unduly paid tax refund;
- respond to any request from the tax, customs or judicial authorities concerning the export sales procedures;
- contact you to keep you updated on the status of your refund request and to gather your opinion on your purchasing experience in their stores;
- send you, if you have agreed, information, offers and marketing materials;
- perform analyses on the purchasing behaviour of its clients.
This data can be used:
- for the performance of contractual relations;
- because you have expressly agreed to it;
- to protect and guarantee the legitimate interests of Galeries Lafayette;
- to meet a legal, regulatory, judicial or administrative obligation.
This data is transferred to:
- the customs authorities;
- partner companies involved in performing the service and, in particular, the refund;
- the payment service provider holding the account to which the refund will be made.
This data is kept for the duration:
- of the prescribed tax and customs obligations;
- of the commercial relationship;
- required for the purposes of processing.
These periods vary according to the type of personal data transmitted and the purpose for which you have communicated it.
Regardless of how long your data is retained, it will no longer be used to send you special offers by email or SMS beyond three years after your last interaction with Galeries Lafayette.
You have the right to access, transfer, rectify and delete your data or limit its processing, which you can exercise at any time, by email or post under the conditions set out in the relevant laws and regulations, by sending a request by post to: GALERIES LAFAYETTE – Correspondant CNIL – TSA 23 000 44-48 rue Châteaudun – 75009 PARIS or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also oppose the processing and storage of your personal data in our files, on legitimate grounds.
The Galeries Lafayette Group has also appointed a data protection officer. The latter can be contacted by emailing email@example.com and is responsible for handling the following subjects:
- making a complaint;
- questions concerning this Data Protection Policy and confidentiality.
If, for any reason, you consider the response to your request to exercise your rights to be unsatisfactory, you can make a complaint to CNIL (The National Commission on Information Technology and Civil Liberties), which is responsible for overseeing the protection of personal data within French territory.